Monday, January 2, 2017

WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE

This week's portrait, the Yellow Submarine.
Contrary to what you might be thinking, the Yellow Submarine was or is a person, or persons, as far as I am concerned.

I can't remember if it was a toy in a cereal box or a graphic from a candy wrapper in which I first saw the submarine. What I do remember is that it looked cool and something about its design felt good. I remember drawing it too, I should search around since a hand full of my childhood drawings still exist.

Growing up I had no clue who the Beatles were. Then again, I had no clue about a lot of things (I think am still very clueless on a lot of thing but I am learning and updating).

In high school I had a friend and fellow student who was a huge Beatles fan, even had his own band, but I never really made the connection then either. It wasn't until college during those visits to the NYU music library that I finally began to make the connection, "The Beatles Yellow Submarine" album. (Thank you Yvette for indirectly introducing me to this world of music by having me wait for you in that Library while you were in class).

 
Other than just loving the look of the submarine, I decided to use the holes, referred to in the movie, as graphic elements for the meme background, but in this case symbolizing the multiverse. The submarine represents it self as well as us.

In one of those holes lies a place where the music is still playing.


I hope we someday find it.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment