Monday, January 16, 2017

YOU'RE SAD, WHO YOU'RE GONNA' CALL?

This week’s portrait is Leslie Jones!

I wanted to draw someone who represented strength, positivity, and love in my mind. Strength in handling the crazies that attacked her over a movie role. Positivity, as they went low, she didn't go there with them. And the love and compassion she seems to have towards people.

“I take care of everybody. I'm either hugging you or making sure that you're not sick, because my backpack has every kind of medicine in it.” - Leslie Jones


I think as of this writing I might own close to 3000 pens! Different brands, different sizes, and different colors. I’ve found that colors across many of the brands are very similar and I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that they are all manufactured by one company in Taiwan or China.


What is missing among all these pens are earth tones. I really wish someone would make a collection of pens colors that are as varied as a box of Crayola crayons, and NO GLITTER!


Still with the color limitations, I think I did a good job with rendering her image. I had fun with the hair, throwing in other colors.


I hope we see a lot more from Leslie this year. She seems like a good person, a fun person, and she knows how to make people laugh and feel good. Given what the next few years might look like, we probably should clone her.


No comments:

Post a Comment