Monday, August 14, 2017

LONG BEACH COMIC CON

This week portrait, Iron Man!

So this portrait was meant to be posted a couple of weeks ago, after San Diego Comic Con, but I had to suddenly leave for New York for family business and while I was there a surprise visit to Marvel happened. I won't go into details, especially concerning family matters but as for Marvel, maybe there's a trailer in 2018? I think it was kind of funny though that I was planning to post this Iron Man image and suddenly I find myself invited to the home of Iron Man.

These images actually have history. All eight of them were done exactly a year ago during the week of the 2016 San Diego Comic Con. They were an experimental idea I had, I wanted to draw and animated the different Iron Man costumes with the circles of course. I knew there were a lot (about 36 costumes over the years), I settled on the 8 main ones or at least the ones I thought were important (and I could find reference on!)

Am not too happy with missing over two weeks of posting, but I have been creating other art works, so my time has been productive. I will be showing many of the new pieces at the Long Beach Comic Con, Labor Day weekend. I also will be hosting the Cosplay Lifedrawing event again, which is always a lot of fun.

For those of you planning to attend the Long Beach event, this year’s theme is, “The Heroes of Mystic and Magic” The models will be the amazing Jennifer Fabos Paton as Zatanna and the Gal Gadot look a like, Shadia Ghantous, as Wonder Woman. Personally, I think Shadia is even more attractive than Gadot, if that's even possible, look her up on Facebook and see for yourself.

Hope I see some of you at Long Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment