Monday, December 19, 2016

PB Rapper

This week's portrait is Snoop Dogg.
At first I was thinking of using different shades of green, but felt it might make him look more like a Martian or an elf. The dark blue being a mellow color worked best with just a hint of green.

A couple of years ago on Late Night with Conan O’Brien I got to do a comedy bit with Snoop. I was to be an upcoming rapper with a demo tape for him to listen to. Of course it was so bad that in the middle of playing the tape, his bouncer picked me up and carried me out of the room. It was a lot of fun!







About a year later, he played a part in an incident that happened at work. I left a message on an assistant
answering machine, which the writers thought was funny. They got Snoop to read back my message word for word but in the “Snoop Dog” style. It's worth a listen if you can find it somewhere, guarantee to make you laugh.

I've been wanting to do this portrait of him for a while now.  I love his music and this is my way of saying thanks for being cool and real.


No comments:

Post a Comment