Monday, September 18, 2017

BETTER THE SECOND TIME AROUND!

This week's portrait is, Fuu!
After the Major in “Ghost In The Shell”, Fuu from “Samurai Champloo” is my second favorite female anime character. She reminds me of a couple of women friends. 

This is an image which I decided to revisited. I did the original about a year ago at which time I was still experimenting with how I was going to proceed with this portrait project. I wasn't quite sure of the background at the time other than I wanted to use a meme theme. With over a couple of years doing these portraits now, my approach has changed a lot. Lots of line weight experimenting as well as mixing colors.

I post both images for comparison.
Big news on the drawing front! The Themed Costume Life Drawing event that I host once a month at Nelson Creative Spaces in North Hollywood, will feature a celebrity performer from the adult world. Kendra Sunderland will be modeling as a couple of female superheroes. I personally am excited to have her model, she is tall and beautiful. I think some wonderful pieces of art will come out of this three hour event. The date is Saturday September 30th, 6:30 to 9:30. COME DRAW!

What a great time to be an artist!


No comments:

Post a Comment