Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Day At Citywalk


Today I discovered the works of an artist I never heard of before. His name is Felix Mas. His work is amazing, I absolutely loved it. You can see in his work the influence of Mucha, Klimt, and Japanese print makers. Some of his paints looked like the illustrations you'd see in old fashion and women magazines from the late 60s and early 70s.

The Art Consultant who was very knowledgeable and equally beautiful, gave me a schooling or I should say some background on Felix. I ended up buying a book on his works though seriously if I could I would have bought a print or two.

This move, the bills never end.

I really love Citywalk. I seem to go there regularly and so far I am never bored. It's such a nice environment to be in. Normally I'm not into these crowd drawing locations but something about this place is actually calming despite all the people.

I feel really inspired.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Pierre,

    Yay! \o/ Another blog! City Walk is a fun place. I know exactly what you mean. It does have a calming effect in a way.

    It seems inspiration abounds for you! That's great! I'm so happy for you.

    Hope to see you at Dragon*Con!

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of City Walk, too. Decent stores, some cool food places. The difference for me is that I love crowded places, because I'm such a "people watcher". I find humanity endlessly interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I should put City Walk on the list of places to see? OK..check..done! I'm glad you are finding your new city has many things you like to do. Have you seen the redwood trees yet? My hubby visited California when he was younger and says they are awesome!

    Kimber <3

    ReplyDelete