Tuesday, January 29, 2019

TREES


 
 



Something about this set of images is really special to me. I really love them.

(I will be adding additional images to this post)

The inspiration for these trees came to me at a Thanksgiving dinner trip to the Disneyland Resort Storytellers Café restaurant in Anaheim, California. While walking, I noticed the trees had a variety of colors in them. They reminded me of crayons, so I started taking pictures of them. Later when I was home looking at the photos, I realized the colors I saw were in my imagination. I decided to draw what I thought I saw, and these images are the end results.

I personally love how they turned out. Seeing colors where they don’t exist is actually cool.

These images will be available on TeePublic. I think that these images on a set of pillows would look great in a room. I will also put the original 9 pen and ink images up for sale on the Saatchi Art website. They are 8.5” squares but done on 14” x 11” paper, so you could frame them larger if you wanted to.

Hope you enjoy looking at this series as much as I had fun creating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment