Friday, October 12, 2012

"18" x 24" And Other Sizes, A 3 Year Collection Of Life Drawings". By Pierre Bernard Jr

In a few weeks I will be doing an event that I hope will become part of the annual Long Beach comic convention. I will be hosting a drawing workshop in the evening at the convention location.

Am calling this one "PIERRE BERNARD'S SEXY COSPLAY!"

There will be 3 models from the Gallery Girls, Jennifer Fabos Patton, Rachel Bailit and Keith Klanderud. Throughout the evening they will change into different costumes.

Saturday November 3rd, 2012
From 7pm to 10pm
In room 104b


Admission is FREE for all convention attendees with a badge
or $10 at the door.

For a while now I've wanted to put together one of these drawing events and the timing for this one was perfect. About a month ago, a visiting friend was looking at some of the drawings I've done since arriving here in Los Angeles. I told her all this artwork was boxed to go into storage. She felt that I should be doing something more with them and she mentioned doing a book.

The light went on!

Since arriving here in L.A. I've been constantly trying to figure out how moving here had effected my life. I came here to continue a job but was that the only purpose being here served. To help myself adjust to life here, I started going to various drawing workshop throughout the area. There were days where I felt an incredible high while drawing and there were also occasional days where everything around me sucked. Regardless, I always made the time after work or on weekends to draw from models or the people around me.

It suddenly dawn on me that for 3 years I've been creating a journal of my time here through my artwork. I did attend workshops in New York but I never did anywhere near the amount of work that I've created here in such a short time. I think there's roughly 600 to maybe 800 drawings.

I've begun working on organizing this book, I started scanning and I think I might have a first draft completed by the end of November. This is really exciting and a bit scary as well. I realize the personal nature of all this artwork and it probably played a part in why no one has seen it up till now.

I guess if people were to judge me someday, I hope it would be through this ongoing body of work. I think it will give people an insight into how I've been seeing the world around me, using models as the vehicle to express my thoughts. This is not commercial artwork or pin up artwork, its who I am convey through drawings instead of words.

I will be at the Long Beach convention previewing a few page designs from the book. If you happen to be attending the convention, stop by my table and take a look.

The title of the coming book is "18" x 24" And Other Sizes, A 3 Year Collection Of Life Drawings". 


Below is the flyer for the drawing event. Hope to see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment