Monday, January 11, 2016

WHERE ARE MY SPEEDBALLS & QUILL PEN POINTS?!!

This week's portrait subject is Taylor Swift.

During the summer of last year, I rediscovered the artworks of Peter Max, the guy is amazing, his use of color and design leaves me in awe.

I saw he did a portrait of Taylor. Up to that point in time I feel shame to admit it but I had no idea who she was. But thanks to the internet that changed immediately. What came to mind looking at pictures of her was that she looked liked a Gibson Girl.

The Gibson Girls was the creation of Charles Dana Gibson, a pen and ink artist during the turn of the 20th century, a time when being an artist was on the level of being a rock star.

I wanted to do a Gibson like drawing of Taylor since then but never made the time. But thank to this wonderful, time consuming project I created for myself, I thought this would be the perfect time to do it. Only one problem…

ALL MY FREAKIN' PEN POINTS ARE MISSING!

I've some how manage to misplace them some where in my studio. I'm sure I'll find them when I no longer need them.

To complete this drawing I ended up using my Koh-I-Noor Rapidographs and a brush marker. I think got the look I was after in the end.


1 comment:

  1. I have an Arizona Iced Tea bottle with art by Peter Max. I'm glad I saved it.

    ReplyDelete