Tuesday, May 16, 2017

LOST OF FRIENDS

This week's portrait, Sherilyn Stetz! 


I had some morphine last week, kidney stones. Felt great for an hour or two, the pain was gone for but then it came back, not as intense but enough to make my day shitty. Over the weekend I had another attack, but this time I stayed curled up in bed and just endured the pain till it subsided and I passed out.

Lately life has been causing me a lot of pain and it's at these moments I tend to start buying more crap than usual. In this case, those Pops character figures from Funko, suppliers of my bobblehead addiction.

The life pain is from the fact that in a 2 month period, three friends past away. Sara Porter, Sherilyn Stetz and Doreen Austria. And my mother and aunt almost added themselves to this list.

My mom is doing better but my aunt is a day to day. I love these 2 people a lot, but then again, I lucked out, I have a great family. Nothing but great memories and hopefully many more new ones.

Sara I worked with back in New York. We were friends enough back then that she allowed me to use her as a model for some of my artwork. The one piece I did of her ended up being art for a Christmas card.

Doreen, was a true geek girl. Didn't get to hang out as much as I would have liked but the few times we did, it was pure nerd bliss.

Sherilyn was a friend but I did have a lot of contact with her. She was someone who always had great things to say and always had a smile. When I heard she was sick, I drew a get well card for her. And word got to me she was doing better. Then next thing I am hearing is that she's gone.

I decided I wanted to do this portrait of her for myself. I wanted to draw what I remembered of her. Sara, I have my art of her, Doreen, I have pictures of us together, but I had nothing tangible on Sherilyn. Now that's changed.

I miss these friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment