Monday, March 20, 2017

CHANNELING THE 1970s

This week’s portrait, Lorraine Lamour!
The art show opening, "Drawing Down the Moon” at Gallery 800 in North Hollywood was great! “A huge turn out” I love that line! But seriously, a lot of people came out  and I got to see a hand full of people I haven’t had contact with for the last couple of years, and they all live in Los Angeles, you really can lose people here, it’s way too big.
People were fascinated by the 8 pieces I had in the show and one in particular drew a lot of attention to itself due to it’s unique close up of a male model I worked with, not the above image, another one which was blurred (contrary to most people’s expectations, I didn’t submit a group of just nude women art, there was a nude guy among them).


I think that’s the challenge of creating art especially for myself, making it interesting and worth doing and showing in some cases. That’s why I find these weekly portraits worth doing and sharing. I try to challenge myself with each one. So far I think I am pulling it off, but it is getting harder each week.


In creating this portrait of Lorraine, I tried to bring out my inner 70s, trying to create a pop art look.

Also I did this just to surprise her. She’s an interesting person, I’ve never met her, only Facebook contact. She once sent me this “breakfast” video that took me off guard, I loved it!

So this is me giving back to a virtual friend the love and positive, crazy energy that she always sends my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment