Monday, December 5, 2016

THE LANGUAGE OF CIRCLES

This week's portrait is of artist Diana Leto.









I've known Diana for a few years now, and got to see her earlier this year at Comic Con where I was able to show her in person what I've been up to, in particular, the portrait I did of her. Drawing Diana was fun, especially because of her fiery red hair. Her artwork is amazing. It's well drawn and fun to look at. I am proud to own one of her original pencil drawings which is framed on my wall.

I haven't been dating these pieces, choosing to focus more on creating.

There's a small part of me that wishes I had tried to keep up with posting these once a week though, as I started in the year but somewhere around March my approach to creating my work evolved, I found myself wanting to concentrate more on creating and less on posting.

It's these circles, they are talking to me I don't know how to explain it given I've been doing them for over 20 years with out a single sound from any of them.

And the more I do them, the better I feel, they put me in a trance like state. I find I've been going out a lot less,watching less television, choosing instead to keep creating with my free time even though there's no deadline or some monetary award for them. I just feel the need to keep doing them. I guess as an artist that has to be a great state of mind to be in and I probably shouldn't question and try to self examine too much. Just enjoy the creative process, keep find subjects and people who interest me and incorporated them into this language I am creating on the paper.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last week (November 28th, 2016) I posted a portrait of the Joker. I had written a blog entry for it which never got posted.  Below is from last week, titled,

"THE KILLING JOKE"


I thought by now I'd be coming to the end of my 52 blog portraits project.

Early on the creative process took me in a direction I didn't see coming, my work evolved, and I've been having so much fun doing it that I just didn't make much time to post anything.

But I have been creating portraits, lots of them, celebrities, friends, online strangers, adult entertainers, anyone that I found interesting.

“Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I am an agent of chaos.” –The Joker
The Joker has always fascinated me. He would kill endless number of innocent people and yet Batman would catch him, put him in prison, label him insane, let him live to only escape again and start the madness all over again. It was as if he was given a free pass to inflict as much damage to society as possible with zero repercussions.

Such a character could never exist, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment